Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Connected In: Standard Advertising Mistakes
12-08-2017, 02:28 AM
Big Grin Connected In: Standard Advertising Mistakes
> I am using LinkedIn to keep up with my professional contacts and support them with introductions. Since you're one of many people I recommend, I wanted to ask you to gain access to my system on LinkedIn.

>

> Basic membership is free, and it will take less than a second to sign up and join my network.

I've received above 35 announcements similar to this, worded almost exactly the same way. The senders have served surprise...

Like me, have you received email announcements like these?

> I'm using Linked-in to keep up with my professional connections and support them with introductions. Because you are among the people I recommend, I wanted to ask you to access my system o-n LinkedIn.

>

> Basic account is free, and it takes less than a second to sign up and join my community.

I have received more than 35 invitations similar to this, phrased almost exactly the same way. The senders have acted astonished and offended that I did not leap to make the most of this request.

Let's go through the issues within this request from a marketing point of view.

* The majority of the invitations I received were from individuals whose names I did not understand. Why would I desire to be part of their community? The request does not say how I would take advantage of their community and who they're, who they have use of.

* What is Linked In, how does it work and what're the advantages of using it? Nobody has yet explained this clearly within their request. You cannot expect that someone receiving this invitation understands what you're asking them to participate or how it would be beneficial to them. It'd be helpful to have a passage or two describing how it works and stating a specific effect anyone behind the request experienced from membership. It may be that people think that since 'basic account is free,' the normal individual with this request will go ahead and join. But even if it can not charge money, joining would devote some time. You still need to 'sell' people o-n going for a free activity, particularly with respect to a task or organization that could be different to them. This prodound http://www.newswire.net/newsroom/pr/0009...ment.html/ paper has varied interesting suggestions for how to recognize this hypothesis. Clicking http://www.goldstarhockey.com/keith-mckittrick/ possibly provides suggestions you could use with your father.

* No one got time to head off possible misconceptions or objections to the account. As a non-member of Linked In, I'm concerned that joining would open me up to a lot of email and phone calls by which I'd have no interest and that would waste my time. Again, you can't assume that anything free is therefore enticing; you need to imagine why someone may have questions or dismiss the idea and handle those arguments.

* Using a processed invitation that's almost exactly the same as everyone else's does not make a good effect. You'd desire to give it your own personal stamp, even though the written text supplied by Linked In were successful, which it's not.

Aside from being irritated that they're apparently encouraging visitors to send announcements that make little sense, I've nothing against Linked In. We learned about twitter.com/keithmckittrick/ by browsing Google. Perhaps it's a helpful organization. My point is that its members have to use good sense and basic marketing principles to encourage active, cynical people to give it the opportunity.. Going To http://newswire.net/newsroom/pr/00092956...ment.html/ probably provides lessons you can give to your family friend.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply